CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thoughts

On ivillage, there's a discussion about e-cards for Christmas going on. Honestly, I am not totally against e-cards if it's just to say Hello, or to cheer someone you met online up. But for Christmas? The traditional gal in me says no. For once in the year, please let me go to the mailbox and come back filled with joy, because there's something else than bills in it. I love exposing my cards, putting them up. If all of this is replaced by e-cards, what should I do? Create a slideshow and put my computer screen next to the christmas stockings, and constantly play the slideshow? Yes, e-cards are for sure a greener option. I would like to meet in the middle tho, using recycled paper, and since most people who are getting a card, are people I see on a regullar basis, so I will just hand out the card myself along with a few homemade cookies. The only card I really do HAVE to send is my paternal grandma's because she's living in The Netherlands. The e-card option is not an option for her either because she doesnt have internet access. She doesn't even have a computer.

To stay on the Christmas topic, do you have friends and/or family members who "Don't want anything" for Christmas, but you'd feel too bad about really not giving anything? Why not do something for a good cause in their name? I got this idea while browsign some more on the Transfair site. They have a Holiday section called Gifts of Fairness. I won't write down all the options you have, but I hope this made you curious enough to check it out yourself!

By the way, since I just changed this entire layout, I will have to redo my entire link list... Not that it was that big, but I kind of put that list on my blog to be able to keep track of everything and to make sure not to lose the link... fun fun...

I have come to realize that I almost only post about being green, and not so much about being frugal, and not at all about FlyLady.
Well, I am still doing great! My place looks presentable, and there's no longer the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) that used to reign in my place for quite a while now. I am being good at doing my dishes daily and doing one laundry cycle a day when needed. I will only do them when full.

Oh well, I am off again now, probably back later tonight.. tataaa

0 comments: