CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Starting a new chapter

So, I guess it is time to start an entire new chapter of my life. I started FLYLady a while back and I am doing great. I tried being frugal for a while now, and I am doing great as well. On top of that, being frugal also led me to being more green, recycle, reuse etc. This proves my initial thought that being green was more expensive than not being so green, wrong.

I start this blog to celebrate the new me. There won't probably be much info of my personal life. It's just about my journey. I feel great about it and hope to eventually help people as well!


Edit to add:

Where's the catch at? It is 9.30pm over here and BOTH kids are asleep. I think that's the first time in months both are asleep around the same time. I take this chance to add what I couldn't write earlier due to the lack of time.

It is not my first blog I have online. I started one a few months ago, but did it in German language, however, noone even read it, I never got comments, so I ditched that one to start this one.

I went grocery shopping to Lidl today and had to take the car. I usually go to Aldi by foot, however, they were closed when DH came home. For once I insisted to go without the kids so I won't hear any "I want this, I want that" etc. On top of that I really wanted to do get some more little treats for St. Nicks which is on Saturday. Needless to say the kids aren't allowed to see that.

This year, I did my own advent wreath, based on the one we had last year. Last year, I saved the stramineous collar and the candles. So this year, I got some red/golden ribbon as well as a golden chain with glitter pearls and wrapped it around the collar. I put last years candles on it. Altho one of them is very very short, it still looks nice. I just lid the short one on the last Sunday before chirstmas, while I lid the longest one last Sunday. So that was a very cheap advent wreath this year, which I still plan to use next year and the following years. Next year I will probably need new candles tho. I am kind of glad I saved them because I checked several stores and didn't find any candles in christmas colors. I guess I was too late...

I noticed one thing tho; the candles in the "regullar" candle sections of the stores are much cheaper than in the christmas section. So, if you don't do the traditional christmas colors, I suggest you check the regullar candle section in the stores first. Last year, my mom did everything in the colors blue and silver. It was very beautiful as well, however, I am more for tradition since my husband and me founded our own small family.

I totally have to take the kids Christmas pictures in front of the Christmas Tree when they are in the mood.

Oh, before I forget it.. Have you wrapped all of your Christmas Gifts? If you haven't, don't forget to check if you can probably use something you have around your house! I found a few ideas on Instructables... You could maybe use a newspaper along with embellishments like cut outs or use stickers? Did you know you can make use an old tourist map to make a very original gift bag? Why not use a cereal box you no longer need? Or a brown paper grocery shopping bag? I have another one I didnt find online, but thought of myself (which doesn't mean noone else did have the idea before). If you got a cookbook as a present for someone, you could wrap it into a kitchen towel. I am sure you find more or can think of more once you are entertaining the idea of using things you would toss otherwise!

Well, I am off now.. see you!

0 comments: