CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Stretching the Euros

I am kind of dissapointed. I found a recipe on how to make your own laundry detergant online. To be sure I have the right ingredients, I wanted to place an order online. But that online store won't ship to my country, but only inside of the US. Makes me kind of mad. I mean, I do understand that eventually, since those are big, heavy boxes, the shipping costs might explode, but I just don't like not having the choice to place or not place my order. I just try to keep telling myself that once I'd seen the shipping costs, I would have thought:"No Way!" and closed the tab.

Tomorrow is St Nicks and my 4 year old is actually very excited. My 1 year old doesnt really understand it, so he doesnt care for it at all. My mom used to have these paper plates she used each year. I admit I was looking for these in the stores, but couldn't find any. Then, I decided that they were probably not the greenest choice anyways, so I just used my porcellain plates. Saved that money, storeage space and did something for the environment again! Yay!

Right now I am checking online on what's on sale in what kind of shop. I totally refuse getting the commercials into my mailbox now because of the paper waste. On top of that they put it into a sealed plastic bag, and I am just trying to get rid of as much plastic as possible in my life.

While taking a look, I also realized that Dove are offering refill kits for their hand soaps, which I think is a great thing to do!I started on using soap bars again a while back, basically because it saves some money. Esp if you have kids. How many times did one of mine just push on a plastic bottle of shower gel and it was empty already? Well, that can't happen with a bar of soap, right? A pack 3 bars of soap cost me 0.90 Euro over here, while one small bottle of showergel already costs 1.15 Euro. On top of that, one bar lasts so much longer than a bottle of showergel. That's how I basically make 2.45 Euro profit by using soap bars. What's 2.45 Euro you may ask? Well, it's cash! With being more frugal, I learned that every cent counts. Like my grandma used to say:"If you don't respect the cent, you aren't worth a dollar."

My dryer is running. I hate running it, but with the nasty weather outside, it would take forever to dry. Since my dryer gives back water, I collect it to water my plants or iron.

Well, it is 1am here right now, I am off to bed.

0 comments: