CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Freegans

Browsing around the net earlier today, I found out there are people called freegans on this earth.I have never heard that word before, so I got a little curious about it. It definately sounds interesting. I knew a lot of stores were tossing stuff, btu never thought about actually picking that up. On top of that, I think even if I did, my husband wouldn't be too happy about it. He will even throw a fit about handmedowns for the kids, so let alone taking food out of a dumpster. However, and he shouldnt know about this, I drove through a small town with my companys' van a few months ago. That day they were picking up the trash in that town and I saw this lady just put a few plastig bags, and a few diaperboxes full of kids clothes next to her trashcan. So I stopped driving, took a look (nothing OUT of the bags and boxes, just a brief look) and realized some of these clothes were exactly the sizes my kids needed. I asked if I could take them and she ws alright with that, so I grabbed a bag and a box of which I saw contained most of the stuff we needed right now. Before unpacking everything, I kept telling myself I would be deceived because the stuff maybe wouldnt be nice. But I wasn't. There were even a few things with the tags still on them. Others looked to me like:"Washed once, ironed, hung into the closet and forgotten there". And the thing I would never ever have thought: Most of the things were pretty expensive brands and there wasa little of everything. Sweaters, jeans, PJ's, T-Shirts. The only things I didnt use was the underwear because wearing someone elses underwear is a no no to me. There were also a few items for girls, so I passed those on to a coworker of mine. And that's how I made it through this winter season without buying clothes for my kids... lol. Okay, I admit it, two pair of jeans and two sweaters (new) is what my oldest got for his birthday, and everything was still 50 per cent off during the sales :p There were also a few things he can wear next winterseason, and who knows what I come across until then. My husband didnt even realize I didnt buy the stuff I got for free. He totally thought all of this was new and always compliments on how good his boys look in these cute outfits. hehe. He is a little materialistic, while I am not. I like to look good, I like to be dressed in nice clothes, but it definately doesnt have to be brand for me.

0 comments: